ISC West, held on April 6 – 8, 2016, drew large crowds to the Tyco Security Products / American Dynamics booth. We hope you had the opportunity to stop by and speak to our representatives on the latest American Dynamics features. In case you missed us, here’s a brief recap of all the new programs and functionalities demonstrated in the booth.
victor & VideoEdge version 4.8.1
ISC West attendees received an advanced preview of the latest features being released in victor and VideoEdge version 4.8.1.
- Presentation Builder – Streamlines case management by consolidating all event documentation into one package for simplified evidence exporting and digitally authenticating video clips.
- Scheduled Clip Downloads – Improve bandwidth management by scheduling video clip retrieval during off-peak network times
- Point-of Sale Enhancement – Instant visual verification with receipt data displaying alongside corresponding video
- Map Importing – Save setup time by unifying with Software House C•CURE 9000 map importing
Watch the short demonstration below as Chris Hanna shows the new victor 4.8.1 point-of-sale (POS) enhancement.
New Cyber Protection Program
Tyco Security Products introduced its new cyber protection program for victor, VideoEdge, Software House C•CURE 9000 and Illustra at ISC West. This new program presents a holistic approach to cyber security awareness for physical security through a six-part program:
- Secure Product Development Practices
- Inclusive Protection
- Configuration Guidelines
- Rigorous Testing
- Rapid Response
- Educate and Advocate
Physical and cyber attackers have more sophisticated tools and understanding of network-based systems than ever before, shining a spotlight in particular on the vulnerabilities of security implementations for government and large, multinational customers.
Will Brown, Senior Engineering Manager, Regulatory and Product Security, presented Tyco Security Products cyber security insights during his panel session, The Convergence of Physical and Cyber Security: Recognizing the Readiness of IP-Based Systems, at ISC West. In case you missed the session, here are a few takeaways:
- Ask your manufacturer about their cyber security program and their tactics for protecting against cyber security attacks
- Configure access control and video system to be compliant with relevant industry standards such as FISMA
- Ensure your online footprint does not lead to a potential attack
Download our cyber protection program guide to learn more.
If you missed us at ISC West, feel free to reach out to your local sales representative to find out more.