The latest version of the exacqVision Video Management System (VMS), Version 6.2, is now available. This release adds bookmarking and case management, allowing users to permanently save, label and manage important video clips on the server. In addition, exacqVision 6.2 includes built-in EasySupport for highly detailed, same-day online support, along with Transacq Search for easier, more powerful searching through important serial data from sources like cash registers. With added support for over 80 new cameras in this release, the exacqVision VMS now supports nearly 2000 IP camera models.
exacqVision 6.2 is available for download at https:exacq.com/download
New exacqVision 6.2 features include:
- Case Management
- New Systems Grid
- Transacq Search
- Added PTZ Control Responsiveness
- Added Client-Based Panoramic Dewarping
- New IP Camera Integrations
Other new items in this release:
Bookmarking & Case Management
Preview the new Bookmarking & Case Management features via the latest video from our Online Training Series:
Our new bookmarking feature allows you to tag, name, and retain video clips, providing long term, server-based retention of important evidence.
- Group multiple video, audio and data segments
- Retain video on server or S-Series until user deletes the bookmark
- Normal video deletion rules apply after bookmark is deleted
Create a bookmark by marking the video start and stop points, then click the new “Create Bookmark” button.
Give the bookmark a name and a description, then click the apply button to save the bookmark.
Bookmarking allows you to easily find important video from the exacqVision client.
- Name groups of important evidence
- Quickly find evidence in bookmarks list
- All searching and playback is done from client interface
The new Case Management feature, available in exacqVision Enterprise, provides a tool to organize related bookmarks into cases.
- Add and remove bookmarks from cases
- Name cases for each search
Organize your bookmarks into named cases.
Search cases to find related groups of bookmarks.
Use case management and bookmarking together for long term storage of critical evidence.
In exacqVision 6.2, we’ve added a “Support Diagnostics” option. This feature streamlines your technical support issues by automatically sending important log files, system information and your notes to an exacqVision technical support specialist who will reply online, usually within a single business day.
- Easily upload Support Diagnostics files
- Response target: < 1 business day.
- Faster than verbally relaying technical information
- Available 24/7/365
When you select the Support Diagnostics menu option, you simply choose the server and the log files you wish to report, then upload them to your case.
The upload button initiates the online Support Request Form with several fields pre-filled for you.
You will receive a confirmation with your case number, customer information, system information and a list of the support diagnostic files that were uploaded. Exacq Technical Support then reviews your files and responds with a solution or further diagnostic actions.
Improved Systems Grid
The new Systems page allows you to connect to your exacqVision servers from your client faster. This is specifically noticed by users who have high server counts. The updated Systems page also makes it easier to connect or disconnect to every server on the grid with just a single click.
With Transacq Search we’ve greatly simplified the serial data search feature in exacqVision 6.2, providing a tool to search important data such as cash register transactions synced with surveillance video.
In addition, you can set up a recording event and other actions based on serial data. For example, record video when liquor is purchased.
Setting up the search rules is easy with the new rule configuration screen.
Increased PTZ Control Responsiveness
Version 6.0 of the exacqVision VMS included smoother control and faster response for a number of IP PTZ cameras. With the 6.2 release, these improvements have now been expanded to include more camera manufacturers including Pelco, ACTi, Hikvision and UDP. You’ll really notice these improvements when using the exacqVision Surveillance Keyboard.
Expanded Support for Client-Side Dewarping with Panoramic/Fisheye Cameras
Exacq continues to build on its list of supported panoramic or “fisheye” cameras that allow for client-side dewarping. With client-side dewarping the entire panoramic field of view is always available–whether the user is in live or recorded mode. This works with the exacqVision client, the web browser client and even with the Exacq Mobile app. Client-side panoramic dewarping is more resource efficient, recording one video stream and eliminating the possibility of redundant recording. Version 6.2 of exacqVision adds client-side dewarping for the Illustra 825 and the Samsung SNV-7010 fisheye/panoramic cameras.
Supported client-based dewarping cameras and technology partners include:
New IP Camera Support
We’ve added support for over 80 new IP cameras models in the exacqVision 6.2 release, bringing the total number of IP cameras supported to nearly 2000!
New native driver support for the following cameras is included in this release:
- Illustra 825 360° Fisheye camera now with client-side dewarping
- Illustra 625 PTZ camera now with “Pattern and Peel”
- Illustra 610 Compact Mini Bullet
- SNV-7010 Fisheye with client-side dewarping
- Multi-Stream support for:
- DSC – 2 new models
- Dahua – 25 new models
- Speco techonologies – 8 new models
- Flexwatch – 5 new models
- Dynacolor – 1 new model
- ZTE – 10 new models
Web & Mobile Clients
- Mobile and Web Client users can now use domain credentials
- Log into web service, client software and Windows/Linux with the same account
- Easier for your IT department to administer users
The Web Client now supports:
- Thumbnail Search
- Timeline Search
exacqVision ESM Version 2.6
Several new enhancements are included in the release of exacqVision Enterrprise System Manager (ESM) 2.6 including:
Email Rules Engine design overhaul
- Define rules using natural language “If-Then” structure
- Create specific event start/stop rules
- Create specific rules for different servers, cameras and server groups
- HTML email format (prettier)
ESM Server Versions Page
- Overhaul of GUI layout to improve usability
- Identify old versions of exacqVision still deployed
- Identify new versions of exacqVision available
ESM User Preference Persistence
- All preferences for viewing servers, events and cameras are persisted
- Preferences saved per user
- Settings carry over between browsers
Download and Installation
As always, the latest versions of exacqVision client and server software can easily and quickly be copied over existing versions while retaining all user settings. The latest versions are available through “Check for Updates” in the “About” box in the exacqVision software.
exacqVision Server software is available in both Windows and Linux versions, and the exacqVision client software is available in Windows, Linux and Macintosh native versions. Any version of exacqVision client can connect to any version of exacqVision server.
Download exacqVision Software here: http://exacq.com/downloads
Try exacqVision software for free here: http://exacq.com/try