exacqVision celebrates 10 years of open architecture video management system VMS software releases. exacqVision has evolved into a leading industry VMS platform. Pioneered by a group of video industry veterans, Exacq initially released its intuitive exacqVision software in the summer of 2006.
While 90 percent of startup companies fail, Exacq emerged as a growing, innovative video security company. In the past decade, the exacqVision product has grown to more than 3 million camera licenses deployed worldwide. Continuously adapting to the ever-changing needs and demands of newer security technologies, Exacq achieved a strong brand presence with a large, loyal customer base in the corporate, retail, education and banking verticals in North America.
With just over 150 employees employed by the Exacq division of Tyco Security Products, Exacq has experienced notable growth since its inception in 2006. Throughout the first two years, exacqVision sales grew 262 percent. In 2013, Exacq was acquired by Tyco Security Products for $150 million to increase the brand presence in the rapidly expanding network video security industry.
Key exacqVision highlights:
- Released more than 50 product versions. Since 2012, exacqVision has delivered a quarterly release on-time.
- Integrated with more than 130 third-party solution manufacturers including IP cameras, access control systems, video analytics, retail and point-of sale analytics
- Ranked in the Inc. 500 four years in a row
- Won partner awards from PSA Security Network, Arecont Vision, ADI, Enterprise Security Systems, and Axis Communications
As we begin our next decade in VMS software development, we would like to thank the staff, partners, sales team and end users for their contributions to the success of exacqVision.
Download a free trial of exacqVision now to see how the software looks now.
exacqVision Elite dealers can now log into the Exacq Customer Portal to automatically create an RMA for an in-warranty hard drive replacement.
How it works:
- Simply select the drive replacement button under the RMA tab
- Certify that the system is running exacqVision 7.8 and is reporting the appropriate drive failure message
- Enter the system serial number
- Verify the shipping address, receiver’s name and phone number
- A hard drive of matching capacity will be shipped within 1 business day
- Check the status of the RMA at any time through the portal
- Upon receiving the replacement drive, ship the failed hard drive back to Exacq within 5 business days
Log on to the portal now to see how it works.
exacqCloud is exclusively available to exacqVision dealers. The real-time, web-based health monitoring service helps dealers generate recurring revenue through service contracts and SSA sales and streamline service calls.
Here are the top 5 reasons why exacqVision dealers should be taking advantage of this product now:
|Take configuration backups for easy remote system restores|
|View all activity from one, centralized dashboard and receive instant notifications via email|
|Schedule remote software and license updates|
|Engage your customers with faster, proactive service|
|It’s free to sign up and only takes a few minutes to create your instance and add servers to exacqCloud|
Sign up for exacqCloud now!
Exacq introduces Jeff Munson as the new Area Sales Manager for exacqVision network video recorders, video management system VMS software and Illustra IP cameras in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas.
Jeff brings more than 20 years of security industry experience. Most recently, he was a regional sales director for a video products manufacturer.
If you have any Exacq questions, please contact Jeff.
exacqVision now offers a new rackmount shelf for the exacqVision LC-Series recorders. The exacqVision LC-Series Una recorders further lower installation time with 8 or 16 remotely managed PoE+ camera ports and pre-licensed exacqVision VMS software.
- Provides maximum stability
- Supports recorder to easily mount in rack
- Convenient access to the back of the recorder with 10” deep shelf
Simply order Part# 5000-20040. View in the product catalog.
If you have any questions, contact your local sales representative
Exacq announces a new integration with Selea car plate server CPS LPR software. This LPR integration gives exacqVision users greater video surveillance capabilities within one interface.
- Easily view video associated with license plates
- Save time identifying vehicles with associated video
- Search recorded video quickly to find evidence and detect suspects
- Configure keywords and rules to trigger event linking and event monitoring to:
- Record video and audio
- Send an email
- Automatically export video
- Command a PTZ preset
- Play sound
This integration requires exacqVision 7.8 or later. Learn more about this on our partner pag
The exacqVision LC-Series IP and hybrid network video recorders now offers increased storage and updated chassis design.
- Store up to 6 TB of video
- Integrated internal power supply
- Updated chassis design for enhanced thermal performance
Learn more about the exacqVision LC-Series recorders.
If you have questions, contact your local sales representative:
exacqVision 7.8, the latest release of exacqVision video management system (VMS) software, is now available from Exacq.
Watch this video to see the exacqVision complete security solution and new features.
exacqVision 7.8 highlights:
- Direct Archive Search
- Camera Connection Diagnostics
- Hard Disk Drive Serviceability
- Bandwidth Control
- MP4 Crop Export
- Web Service Dashboard
- Exacq Mobile Event List Search
- Enterprise System Manager (ESM) License Management
- IP Camera Integrations
- New Integrations
Direct Archive Search
exacqVision 7.8 enhances video archiving to provide faster access to video and better manage bandwidth. Users closer to the archive location on the network can directly search video on the archive without routing data through the recorder. Direct archive search is available for any exacqVision S-Series storage device and any third-party network share archive.
For customers that want to implement mobile video on vehicles such as trains, subways, and buses, exacqVision Edge+ VMS software on a camera can be used in combination with direct archive search to send video to the archive while at the station and view video from the archive while the vehicle is on duty.
Direct archive search can be enabled for exacqVision Professional and Enterprise users. To enable direct archive search, users can go to the Archiving page and select the enabled check box under the new Direct Search section and enter read-only username and password credentials that the client will use to access the network share.
Camera Connection Diagnostics
exacqVision will now provide guidance on all camera connections to resolve and troubleshoot camera connections faster. The new camera diagnostic information will reduce common technical support questions.
Under IP Camera Information there is a new Troubleshooting Steps field that gives specific instructions to support connection scenarios for any camera manufacturer and model. Connection Diagnostics and descriptions include:
- Different Subnet – IP of camera is on a different subnet and may not be reachable.
- Duplicate IP – Device with the same IP address is already in the list
- Wrong IP – Device of the same type was discovered at a different IP
- Type Mismatch – Device of a different type discovered at the same IP
- Bad Credentials – Camera is rejecting the username or password
Hard Disk Drive Serviceability
exacqVision will automatically run disk health checks for proactive notification when a NVR hard drive may fail.
On the Storage page under the Hardware tab, users can find the storage hardware disks. exacqVision will show a green check mark or red X indicating if the disk has failed or a HDD failure is impending.. Users can perform a self-test for a single disk or for all disks by clicking one of the two buttons: ‘start short test’ which typically takes seconds or ‘start long test’, which may take a few hours to complete. The status line under the properties section will display the drive failure and notify the user if a drive needs replaced. This feature is available exclusively on exacqVision network video recorders.
exacqVision Professional and Enterprise users can configure bandwidth limitations to certain IP ranges and during specific hours to optimize traffic. Bandwidth can be customizable down to the Kbps or Mbps for greater control.
Bandwidth can be limited for:
- All Remote Client Access – affects all client traffic out of the recorder
- WAN Client Access – affects all traffic on a different subnet
- Defined IP Ranges – affects only the defined IP ranges
Bandwidth can be scheduled for specific days and start and end times. By default, it will be set to Everyday, All Day. For example, in retail applications, users may want to schedule WAN bandwidth restrictions around business hours so lines for credit cards can be used and during closed hours the bandwidth opens up.
MP4 Crop Export
exacqVision users can now export video files to MP4. Along with the new MP4 export feature, exacqVision provides users with the ability to crop the scene, add a subtitle and time stamp to any .EXE, .MOV or .MP4 video file.The ability to crop a scene gives users greater flexibility to meet privacy standards. In schools, administrators can crop the video event footage down to only include the necessary students involved instead of including the entire scene of students, which may violate privacy regulations.
Users can select the new scissors icon and draw a box around a specific area they would like to crop for the export, allowing them to focus on the necessary area of the event. The cropped image will add a black border with yellow text stating “cropped from original video” to the bottom of the exported file. Watermark authentication is also supported for .exe export.
Users can export files larger than 4GB. Files can still be exported as .exe, .avi and .mov in addition to the new .mp4 format.
Web Service Dashboard
The redesigned web service configuration page now displays performance and connectivity status in a new dashboard for convenient connection monitoring. The page now offers guidance and live status of server workloads and connected users. An easy to read, real-time graphic shows the current CPU and memory usage, the number of connected users and camera streams they are viewing. For further detail, the number of streams being transcoded is shown. The blue section indicates how much the web service is using and the dark gray shows how much the machine is using in total. Within a glance, users can see if the web service is encountering a high level of load. If there is a high number of users or high memory usage, it may be necessary to add hardware to improve performance.
Additionally, this page will provide guidance on connectivity:
- Outbound Internet Connection -Confirms the web server can reach the Internet
- Inbound Internet Connection – Confirms the Internet can reach the web server
- Internet Address – Confirms the external IP or URL that users will enter into Exacq Mobile
Exacq Mobile Event List Search
Quickly find and review video associated with POS, access control and other events from your mobile app in a new list search format.
By clicking the search icon in the upper right hand corner of the app and selecting custom, a search details box will appear. Users can select the specific start/end time and up to 4 cameras to search on. Similar to the exacqVision client list search, Exacq Mobile allows users to view a thumbnail of each event and review events individually in a list. Double click or touch any of the results to view the timeline view of the specific event. Users can closely review events quickly to ensure nothing was missed in any of the scenes.
Enterprise System Manager (ESM) License Management
Administrators can now backup and store server licenses directly from ESM. The new functionality allows administrators to easily import, export and save a large number of server licenses and view license expiration dates. On the server details page, users can select the calendar icon to save configuration, change configuration, update software or import license file. This gives ESM administrators the ability to manage all licenses for recorders monitored on the system.
Note: This feature will be released within the coming weeks.
IP Camera Integrations
We have added support for more than 90 new IP camera models in the exacqVision 7.8 release and updated over 400 new test records. exacqVision now supports nearly 3,000 IP cameras.
- M5013-V PTZ
- M5014-V PTZ
- M3037 client-side dewarping
- Tampering and analytic events supported on metadata only devices
- Support for corridor view 90/270
- Client-side dewarping for WV-SFN480
- Autodome IP 7000 HD
- Updates on how motion data is received
- Initial support for Sony Gen7 cameras
- Updated driver for better support on I/Q/E/B/D models
- W Box
- Hunt Electronic
- Sensormatic Synergy Series electronic article surveillance (EAS) system integration to improve loss prevention within one interface
- Selea License Plate Recognition
Download and Installation
exacqVision ELP-Series, A-Series and Z-Series network video recorders (NVR) now include a larger, 120GB solid state drive(SSD) at no additional cost. This enables our video surveillance users to reliably store critical operating system and exacqVision files.
- Minimize system boot time with high speed solid state technology
- Increase reliability with solid-state operating system drive and no moving parts
- Lower energy consumption than with spinning drives
- Save money and rack space by installing Certified Software Application (CSA) approved third-party software directly on the larger standard drive
exacqVision Certified Server Application (CSA)
exacqVision CSA testing qualifies third-party software will run properly on an exacqVIsion video server simultaneously with the exacqVision server software. Several third-party technology partners such as access control systems, video and retail analytics and point-of-sale (POS) systems have been tested and approved by Exacq for exacqVision CSA. These applications can be installed and loaded on select exacqVision recorders.
To learn more about our CSA option, read our What is an exacqVision CSA article. To see which third-party applications are CSA tested and approved, look for the CSA icon on our Partners pages next to the applications.
Learn more about the exacqVision NVR product line.
If you have any questions, contact your local sales representative or call 317-845-8710.