The latest version of the exacqVision Video Management System (VMS), Version 6.8, is now available. The focus of this release centers around VideoPush for Exacq Mobile and faster camera discovery through EasyConnect. With added support for over 75 new cameras in this release and 250 new test records, the exacqVision VMS now supports nearly 2,300 IP camera models.
exacqVision 6.8 is available for download
- Faster Camera Discovery
- 64-bit exacqVision for Windows®
- exacqVision Groups
- Video Push for mobile devices
- Exacq Mobile H.264 and other Mobile Enhancements
- Enterprise System Manager v3.2
- New IP Camera Integrations
Faster Camera Discovery
The EasyConnect feature on the exacqVision VMS allows users to find, assign, address and connect certain IP cameras to their network automatically. Camera scanning for EasyConnect in exacqVision 6.8 has been improved to find more cameras on busy and noisy networks, including cameras on different subnets.
- More efficient: Scans complete in about half the time
- Better performance: Find more cameras on busy networks
- Hardened: Avoid conflicts with other services using discovery ports
64-bit exacqVision for Windows®
How to upgrade to 64-bit?
- For IP-only 64-bit Windows systems running 32-bit exacqVision, simply run the 64-bit exacqVision Installer.
- For hybrid 64-bit Windows systems:
- Export settings
- Uninstall 32-bit exacqVision
- Install 64-bit exacqVision
- Import settings
exacqVision Groups Enhancements
The exacqVision 6.8 groups page allows you to create logical groups of cameras and other items connected to one or more systems. This is useful when you have a large number of cameras spread across multiple buildings or a campus, and you would like to place cameras in logically named groups such as first floor or second floor instead of viewing your cameras in default groups based on their connection to the systems.
With exacqVision 6.8, you can now upload and assign custom icons to groups, making it easier to find groups of interest at a glance. You can now also sort items within a group.
VideoPush for Exacq Mobile
exacqVision 6.8 now supports video push to mobile devices. VideoPush gives exacqVision Enterprise users the ability to instantly push selected cameras, layouts, tours, groups or entire views to another exacqVision client monitor, such as a public view monitor (PVM), video wall and now to mobile devices.
This feature allows video to be sent and shared with officers on patrol or other remotely stationed personnel for on-the-go collaboration. For example, when users identify a suspicious event occurring in an area, the video can immediately be pushed directly to the mobile device of a person closest to that area.
VideoPush is available in the exacqVision Enterprise VMS at no extra cost, with no limitation on the number of public view monitors, video wall, or mobile device connections.
Exacq Mobile H.264 and other Mobile Improvements
Several usability improvements have been added to Exacq Mobile in this release including:
- H.264 video compression format (also known as MPEG-4) playback support for iOS, Android, and Windows phone devices. This enhancement saves bandwidth and CPU on the server running the web service. The video is either streamed or transcoded to H.264 based on mobile device performance
- Improved mobile device responsiveness, allowing touch-drag of cameras to display camera freeze frame while dragging
- Pressed Exacq Mobile buttons now clearly show the pressed-button state
- Exacq Mobile icons have been redesigned for better visibility and recognition
- View cameras by group, as defined in the exacqVision client. With support for groups, Exacq Mobile users can quickly view relevant cameras.
- The Web Client now offers more configuration support of exacqVision recorders, including the System Information page and Add Cameras page, with the ability to enable/disable cameras and manually add new cameras.
Enterprise System Manager (ESM) Version 3.2
ESM Backup Configuration
Automate the backup of recorder configurations in Enterprise System Manager (ESM) 3.2. Administrators can schedule backups (exports) of multiple recorder configurations at once. These backups are stored on the ESM server and can be restored (imported) to the recorder to “reset” the recorder to a known earlier good state. This ability to configure and schedule exports on multiple servers simultaneously eases the management of large environments.
- Export recorder configurations to ESM (backup)
- Import recorder configuration from ESM (restore)
- Exports are manually executed server by server
- Imports (restores) can be scheduled and performed in bulk
ESM Event Duration Rules
Short events that occur frequently can result in hundreds or even thousands of entries in a batch email notifications. With ESM 3.2, you can filter those events from triggering multiple notifications using the new “lasts for at least” rule. This ensures that the event duration lasts long enough to warrant a notification.
ESM Bulk Server Edits
You can now edit all of the servers in the ESM server list using the new bulk edits option. Click on the new bulk edit icon to update basic connection properties that should be the same on every recorder. The bulk edits feature also allows you to delete all servers in the list .
New IP Camera Support
We’ve added support for more than 75 new IP camera models in the exacqVision 6.8 release and updated over 250 new test records, bringing the total number of supported IP cameras to nearly 2,300!
New IP Cameras
New native driver IP camera support and updates for the following cameras models are included in this release:
Now supported with Illustra3 plugin
- Enables 4 motion windows in upcoming firmware version 3.0.X
- Q6045-MKII PTZ
- Digest authentication support
- Client-side dewarping now available on the following camera models:
- Native driver support for the following models:
- P1220 PTZ
- Support for receiving analytic events
- SD8364E PTZ
Other Integration Partners Recently Added
Download and Installation
The latest versions of exacqVision client and server software can easily and quickly be copied over existing versions while retaining all user settings. The latest versions are available through “Check for Updates” in the “About” box in the exacqVision software.
exacqVision Server software is available in both Windows and Linux versions, and the exacqVision client software is available in Windows, Linux and Macintosh native versions. Any version of exacqVision client can connect to any version of exacqVision server.
Download exacqVision Software here: http://exacq.com/downloads
Try exacqVision software for free here: http://exacq.com/try