EntraPass Security Software integrates with ASSA ABLOY Aperio wireless lock technology giving you the flexibility to expand your access control system to almost every opening in your facility. These locks become part of the EntraPass security software ecosystem and can be managed from the EntraPass interface for a unified security management experience. This means that locks can be part of the events, reports, maps, and more that are core to the everyday security management with EntraPass software.
The access control decisions on these locks are made by the state-of-the-art and reliable Kantech KT-1-M and KT-400 controllers. The Aperio wireless locks on these controllers can be added without taking the current door ports away, meaning the wireless locks can be added to the controllers incrementally simply by purchasing the appropriate software license. The locks communicate wirelessly with the Aperio hub which is hard-wired to the Kantech controller. The wireless communication between the hub and the locks is protected with 128-bit AES encryption for the most secure communication. Online transactions mean that EntraPass is updated in real-time, providing a high level of control and visibility of door actions.
With no need for additional wiring, ASSA ABLOY Aperio locks can be installed or retrofitted at existing facilities with little or no operational disruption. The locks come in a variety of form factors that accommodate a wide range of interior environments including mortise, cylindrical, and exit devices for standard doors and an electronic cylinder that replaces a traditional mechanical keyed cylinder. Aperio technology is also available in a wireless cabinet lock format which can be used for cabinets, lockers, and drawers. This is ideal in healthcare facilities for storing equipment, drugs, patient files, and valuables. And, there’s even a model for server racks which greatly improves the monitoring and security level of data centers.
- Real-time communication with Kantech KT-1-M and KT-400 door controllers using the ASSA ABLOY Aperio hub, and EntraPass security software
- Convenient and easy to integrate with new and existing EntraPass installations
- Utilizes low-power IEEE 802.15.4 and secure 128-bit AES encrypted wireless communication between the Aperio lock and hub
- Real-time reporting such as card access transactions, door status, low battery and tamper alarm monitoring
- Locks built on a robust Grade 1 mechanical platform for durability