The Dr. P. Phillips YMCA is the largest among the 25 locations operated by the YMCA of Central Florida. The center received an $11 million renovation. About 26,000 square feet was added to the center and another 30,000 square feet renovated. It now serves some 11,000 active members. A key part of the renovation project was to upgrade to an access control system that would address the issues related to tracking and verifying visitors, and ensuring that these visitors entering the facility were current registered members.
To address the major issues – increasing security by restricting access of non-members and verifying member identity – the Dr. P. Phillips YMCA selected an access control system that deploys both physical barriers and biometrics, riding on Software House C-CURE 9000 security and event management platform to control the flow of people and the accuracy of data.
- C-CURE 9000 Security + Event Management System
- iDentytech Biometric Readers
- Automatic Systems Turnstiles
- Easy management through one integrated system
- iDentytech biometric readers for more accurate member identification
- Automatic Systems glass turnstiles to hold people until information is verified