Developed over five years, Tyco Security Products Cyber Protection Program is one of the first in the industry to offer a holistic approach to cybersecurity for physical security products. We’re committed to cybersecurity through a product’s entire lifecycle — from requirements through obsolescence.
We’ve developed our cybersecurity expertise after many years of providing critical solutions for the United States government and large multinational customers, and we hold several industry firsts, including FISMA-ready access control and video solutions.
Six Part Approach to Cyber Protection
Our Cyber Protection Program’s six -part approach to cyber protection for physical security products looks far beyond components and devices and cyber security hardening. The scrutiny begins with the initial product concept and requirements, continues through analysis of system design and programming, and culminates with final testing, integration and evaluation.
- Secure Product Development Practices – Secure coding and testing reduces the possibility of inadvertently introducing vulnerabilities during product development
- Inclusive Protection of Components and Systems – Include range of capabilities to complement diverse security needs
- Configuration Guidelines for Compliance – Provide comprehensive procedures on how to configure C•CURE 9000, VideoEdge and victor systems
- Testing Procedures – Products undergo rigorous, continuous testing both internally and with an independent test house, to minimize the risk of security updates and new configurations in our cyber-compliant products
- Rapid Response to Vulnerabilities – Quickly assesses the situation, distributes an advisory bulletin and follow up with fully qualified patches
- Education and Advocacy – Maintain critical training and development certifications, speaks and advocates for cyber protection for security systems
Tyco’s Cyber Protection Team
Our autonomous cyber protection team, an independent branch of the development group, has deep process control knowledge and specialized expertise in cyber concerns with physical security systems.
Learn more about our Cyber Protection Program and how we are working to protect physical security products from attacks, damages, disruptions and misuse.