We’ve just released Version 2.6 of the exacqVision IP video surveillance software. This latest release continues our quest to issue incremental releases about every six weeks to continually add customer-requested features.
Version 2.6 can be downloaded here.
Key features in the Version 2.6 Release
- exacqReplay â€“ instant right-click replay from any camera view
- Joystick support â€“ added support for all USB joysticks for PTZ functionality
- Arecont 5100 support – 5 Mpixel IP camera
- Improved Axis integration
- New 6×5 widescreen view
- Shortcut Function key support – function keys for help, hide navigation panel, hide toolbar, and full screen.
Here are some of these features in detail:
Weâ€™ve implemented one of the key usability features weâ€™ve wanted in exacqVision. With exacqReplay, you can right-click on any live window window and see the last few seconds or few minutes of video recorded on that camera.
Here’s a close-up of that right-click menu:
exacqReplay then pops up a window showing that camera’s video for the selected time:
That window can be resized and displayed in-line or on another monitor. The video selection can be “scrubbed” back and forth, and you can step thru the clip frame by frame, both forward and backward. You can also right-click to bring up a menu where you can save individual images, video clips, and even burn directly to a CD-R or DVD-RAM.
Weâ€™ve added support for USB joysticks to control the PTZ functions within exacqVision client. Using a USB joystick, you can control not only specific PTZ cameras, analog or IP, but also control fixed camera PTZ using our Digital PTZ functionality.
Any USB joystick will work, including gaming joysticks. However, we recommend the Axis 295 Professional USB Joystick. We will list additional professional-grade USB joysticks on our website soon.
Arecont Vision 5100 5 Mpixel IP Camera Support
We now support the Arecont 5100 5 Mpixel IP camera. This unique high-resolution camera delivers spectacular images, at 15 fps, at a resolution of 2560×1600.
Improved Axis IP Camera Integration
We have improved the integration with many of the newer Axis IP cameras, adding support for unique frame rate, resolution and audio support.
- Axis 221 – We now support 45 ips in D1 resolution, and 60 ips in CIF mode from this camera
- Axis 223M – We now support the 2 Mpixel mode of this camera
- 207MW – We now support the AAC audio format from this camera
- Corrected maximum frame rates for all Axis cameras
New 6×5 Widescreen View
When running exacqVision client on widescreen monitors, an additional widescreen live view mode, 6×5 appears
NewShortcut Function Keys
The following new Shortcut Functions have been added, conforming to standards used in popular Windows programs:
- F1 = Help (just like all Windows apps)
- F4 = Hide Navigation Panel (just like in Adobe Acrobat)
- F8 = Hide Toolbar (just like in Adobe Acrobat)
- F11 = Full Screen (just like in Internet Explorer)
We have made a great deal of progress with our feature set so far this year. We released Version 2.0 in December of 2006, and have had almost monthly releases since then. Here’s a recap of some of the recent release highlights:
Version 2.5 Release, May 7, 2007
– Bandwidth Throttling
– View Tour & Enhancements
– Enhanced exacqRecall
Version 2.4 Release, March 27, 2007
– Arecont & Panasonic IP Camera Support
– Audio support on Axis Cameras
– Time-Lapse Mode
– Pre-Motion Recording
Going back further, we had IP Camera Finder in Version 2.3 (Feb 07), Multi-Monitor support in Version 2.2 (Jan 07), and many, many other enhancements and bug fixes.
Version 2.6 of exacqVision is available on our Downloads page. As always, new versions of both client and server can be installed on top of previous versions while fully retaining all user settings.